Monday, January 27, 2014

Da Grammys

Best and Worst (aka Miz) Dressed a la Grammy's Red Carpet



As much as I love the song "Happy," because Pharrell is my home boy (so I'd like to think), there was really nothing about last night's Grammy awards that made me feel...well, happy. Obv, there was Beyonce and Jay Z's AHHMazze performance, but it sucked that the basically royal couple performed first because after their performance, the show just went down hill. I don't get it because last year's show was SO gooood, but maybe that was because Justin AND Jay Z performed? I don't know. I wasn't blown away by anything I saw last night and I certainly wasn't blown away by the red carpet. I should have known that if the red carpet show is boring, then the whole show was gonna be. Now, don't get me wrong, there were some beautiful dresses as well as some good performances, but nothing amazing. I was a fan of Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons little duet and Lorde was awesome (and a big winner - HEY girl!). I obv loved Jay Z's announcement that his Grammy award was going to be a new "sippy cup" for Baby Blue (basic), buut other than that - congrats to Daft Punk, Pharrell (and Pharrell's hat), and Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. Oh, and I guess Bruno Mars? The most interesting thing about the award show was counting how many times LL Cool J licked his lips during MC segments...I got like 19 in juuust the first minutes of the beginning alone. Ew.

Anyyyywayys, the red carpet. There wasn't anything mind blowing going on, but there were a few gems. I think when it comes to the Grammy's...majority of people tend to slide over to the worst dress...especially if you're a pop singer. Oops.




BEST DRESSED



Taylor Swift 

Taylor Swift, Grammy Awards

Taylor really makes it hard for me to dislike....on the red carpet, at least. She always looks so gorgeous on carpets, she has the best stylist. She looks simply radiant is the shimmer Gucci gown with amazing illuminating make up accents and a little bling jewelry.  Gucci has been killing it just in general. (Hints to Gucci goddess' Margot Robbie, Olivia Wilde and the stunning, Lupita at the Golden Globes and SAG awards recently). Taylor looks perfect standing stationary, and sparkling on the red carpet, but one thing the CANT look good doing is dancing. Don't even get me started on all her front row dancing. Especially during hip - hop songs. ughhh.


Beyonce (obv...) 

Beyonce on the red carpet at the 2014 Grammy Awards.

.........I just...I don't feel like I need to say anything but, this elegant embroidered, cream gown is a custom design by Michel Costello and its exquisite. There is nothing wrong about any of this. SO gorgeous - BYE.



Giuliana



I am OBSESSED with this dress! It's stunning. Like, stunning. G looks so flawless in this Alex Perry Gown. I love the color on her skin ton and her swept back hair with the cool, edgy, yet simple gold earrings and ring. SO beautiful and hot at the same time. The detailing of the dress is amazing and I love the white, halter accent. So amazzzee. She killed it.


Ciara 

Ciara, Grammy Awards

After Olivia Wilde killed it in her emerald, sequin Gucci gown at the Golden Globes, it may be that sequin dresses are the way to go when pregnant? Hmm. That's something I'll def remember for, you know, those days when I too will be preggers on the red carpet of course...ANYWAY Ciara looks amazing is the Pucci gown and her hair color/style with the matte make up is just so effortlessly flawless. She looks beautiful. She has also  been killing the red carpets, so keep doing what youre doing gurl.


Christine Tiegen 

Christine Teigen, 56th annual GRAMMY

I mean...I can't. She looks SO stunning in this Johanna Johnson, golden, reflective sequin dress. I hadn't heard of this designer until now, and singer Pink also wore the same designer and looked great. Johanna - you're on my watch list. This dress is perfection. She looks like the Oscar...even though that's something she'll prob never win being a model and all, but she wins Best Dressed last night, 100% Feeeer suuure.


Alicia Keys 

Alicia Keys at the Grammy Awards.

I love Armani Prive and I just love this royal blue color on Alicia. The plunge neckline is sexy, but contrasts with the beaded, black belt around the waist line. It's a simple gown, but so elegant.


PINK

Pink at the Grammy Awards.

I will admit to singing, no, belting, "Just Give Me A Reason" at the top of my lungs in my car or when I'm alone, but I have never really be a fan of anything Pink wears. I mean, have you? So, that's why I'm putting her on my best dressed list because Pink looks SO sophisticated and classy (which is, you know, kinda rare...), in this Johanna Johnson dress. I love the cut and the detailing and it looks great on her figure. Great job pink - two thumbs up (for once).


DEBATES...



Pharrell's Hat....

Pharrell Williams, 56th GRAMMY Awards

LOL. This was unreal. Leave it Pharrell to be like so swag and show up to the red carpet with a big ass hat. I mean hats are OBV Pharrell's thing and he can wear them, but this hat LIT had a mind of it's own. Or it would if it could speak...Pharrell was compared to that of a Canadian Mountie, Smokey the Bear, buzzfeed even said the sorting hat from Harry Potter HA, aaand of course Arby's took a shot at him saying he stole the hat from them and they wanted it back. Well, sure. It's all in good fun, but likee what WAS this HAt?! Def 100% red carpet conversation piece. Talk about turning heads. Well, we all may be making fun of Pharrell's choice of accessory (lolz), but he won several awards last night with Daft Punk and solo for best music producing. So like F*** all of us. He's #ballinn


Katy Perry 

Katy Perry, Grammy Awards

Okay, I actually think this dress is really cool. Its a gorgeous pale pink, gauzy Valentino gown with some music notes on it. Well, sure. I think the bottom is awesome, but the top  I don't like because its hard to tell where the dress stops and where it begins. Also it's hard to tell if she has sleeves or not? It's tad confusing, but I think the concept of the dress is fun.



Paris Hilton 

Paris Hilton at the Grammy Awards Jan. 26, 2014.
c
Ah, remember the days of Paris Hilton? In likeeee 2003? Lol. Well, Paris made an appearance on the carpet because OH, she's a dj now, obv. I didn't really get what was going on with her dress, but I was intrigued because I like white sequins and when Paris turned around, the back of the dress was kinda crazy, but I was still intrigued. So I like this dress, don't love, def not best dressed, but I think its cool.


Paula Patton



Paula Patton, GRAMMYS 2014

I dont know how many times I have to say shes SO pretty, but likeee no. I actually don't hate this dress, there is something color about the sheer zebra panels, but her hair and the zebras or lions or whatever they are on her chest is like awk. I also hate the bottom, like she looks like she's been running around in mud. Cut the bottom off and I'd like it more. Wear something AS BEAUTIFUL AS YOU ARE! K, I'm done.




MIZ Dressed




Kathy Griffin

Kathy Griffin

She won a Grammy, well that's nice. Otherwise there's nice about this dress. Miz.


Kaya Jones 

Kaya Jones

I don't even know who this is? Apparently, she's a singer? Whatever. This dress is a mistake. It's NOT Halloween - it's a red carpet. This is the definition of miz city.


Yoko Ono and Friends...


But likeee, this isn't even trendy...SO miz on the verge of sui...



Nadeea Volianova 

Nadeea Volianova at the Grammy Awards.
BYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment